Rehabilitation has become the need of present day pediatric world with the increase in number of genetically altered and modified births. The current scenario of more and more chronic disabilities, developmental delays in the pediatric population has increased the burden of parents and the care givers.
We aim to guide parents of such differently abled children to rehabilitate them to the altered world. Thus we help your BUDS to bloom into flowers…
‘Rehabilitation of children with disabilities is a process aimed at enabling them to reach and maintain their optimal physical, sensory, intellectual, psychological and social functional levels. Rehabilitation provides disabled children with the tools they need to attain independence and self determination’ – WHO
Services we provide
- Evaluation of children with Developmental delay, Cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, Post meningitic sequale, Hypoxic Ischemic encephalopathy, Pediatric movement disorders (ataxias), ADHD and Autistic spectrum disorders.
- Counselling and parent education about managing children with above mentioned problems.
- ‘Home based integrated training’ for the parents and caregivers.
- Goal setting for ideal rehabilitation.
- Orthotic interventions for improving stability and mobility.
- Serial assessment of progress and relevant required interventions.
- Interventional procedures for spasticity.
- Pharmacological interventions for management of attention deficit disorders, autism, spasticity, drolling of saliva & speech delays.
How we differ from any other rehabilitation units?
We are a team comprised of two medically qualified consultants in MD physical medicine & Rehabilitations, Dr. Chellakumarasamy MBBS.,MD(PMR).,DPMR., and Dr.Priyavadhana MBBS., MD(PMR).,Dip.N.B.,DPMR., unlike other centers, where therapists give the basic care.
We train parents and care givers, the techniques of rehabilitaion i.e physio, occupational, spech therapy and ask them to do it at home. Hence they no longer have the difficulty of taking the child daily to various centers. We assess the child periodically for improvement and do adequate changes in therapy, this saves so much time and money to the family.